Ramadan is one of the most important months in the Islamic calendar. It is the month in which the fourth pillar of Islam - fasting - was prescribed and the month in which the Qur'an was revealed.
Human Appeal will be marking the month of Ramadan by holding information and fundraising events in aid of our many life-saving projects throughout the world. We would be grateful if during this month of mindfulness and charity that you can support our work and help save a life.
Ramadan is the time to Give
- In Syria, Yemen and Iraq conflict is shattering lives. Millions of desperate people will find themselves with almost nothing to nourish their bodies. Hot meals are only a memory.
- We are determined to change this. You can help us feed them for the entire month for just €85. You can provide a hot, comforting and nourishing meal for only €7.
- In Palestine, Pakistan, and Bangladesh we will be supporting long term projects that will lift people out of poverty.
- Throughout East Africa we will be helping families ending drought and starvation.
- Throughout the world we will be helping children, many of them orphans, get to school, get the medicines they need if they are sick and get proper food to help them get the start in life they deserve.
- We will also be feeding the fasting in all of these countries helping people celebrate Ramadan as they should.
Feed the Fasting a nutritious meal
Zakat (Zakat al-Mal)
At Human Appeal, we consider your Zakat as a trust (amanah) and aim to use it in a way that helps those most in need. Whether you want to spend it on immediate relief in emergency situations or to provide long lasting solutions to those struggling with poverty, we will be sure to handle your Zakat in the most effective way to bring about the most benefit.
If you’d like a little extra help working out exactly how much Zakat you need to pay, you can use our Zakat calculator. All you need to do is put in a few numbers and our calculator will figure out your Zakat for you.Use Our Zakat Calculator Here
Zakat al-Fitr/ Fitrana
This is a donation made by or on behalf of all Muslims. It varies from country to country but is calculated as the cost of a meal in the donor's country of residence. In Ireland, Zakat-ul-Fitr is determined as being €7 per person.Pay your Zakat al-Fitr €7
This is a sum of money paid by those who are, for reasons of health or otherwise, unable to fast during Ramadan at a particular time. It has the same value as the Zakat-ul-Fitr, i.e. €7Fidya 1 Day Fidya - 5 days €30 Fidya - 1 Month (30 Meals) €210
It is considered to be of particular significance to a donor if he or she can make a donation to a needy person at Eid. Many of the children we support would greatly benefit from an Eid gift given at this timeGive an Orphan an Eid Gift